NICCD stands for neonatal intrahepatic cholestasis caused by citrin deficiency (NICCD).
Basic introduction about NICCD
· It is Citrin deficiency caused by SLC25A13 mutation. It is the outcome of genetic disorders generally formed because of higher protein consumption of locality food for many ages.
· It is a disorder which affects the mitochondria system of cells and awaits to improper lipid production.
- This disorder results in improper organ functioning and many cases it results in mild lipid metabolism causing swelling in the liver and reduced bile pigments production leading to improper digestion and high-fat content.
- This is occurred because of the higher consumption of unhealthy protein which results in the improper functioning of mitochondria and thus reducing the lipid metabolism and when this happens for hierarchies, it would result in gene mutation and is thus hereditary.
Solutions and treatments.
- Consumption of loud soluble minerals and lactose-free milk would reduce the effects of this disorder and thus maintaining the balance in the body and when this reaches hierarchical levels it would wipe out gene nutrition of niccd.
- One of the main objectives is to avoid the cholestasis which has a high chance of occurrence in this certain condition and could result in permanent liver failure.