Stem cell therapy involves the use of a person’s stem cells for repairing damaged tissue and regenerating new healthy tissue. With this type of therapy, patients who are suffering from pain don’t have to depend on prescription medicines and surgery.
Healing can naturally take place in the body through stem cells. These cells multiply and turn into specialized cells that can target any condition or injury that needs healing. Studies have revealed that stem cell therapy can speed up healing, regenerate tissue, and fight pain. Patients have tried this therapy experienced significant relief in their chronic pain as well as enjoyed a restored function and mobility.
Benefits of Stem Cell Therapy
Modern medicine allows the withdrawal of stem cells from bone marrow. These cells are concentrated through a laboratory process and re-injected into the injured tissue using advanced imaging guidance. After being injected, the stem cells improve the natural repair process of injured and degenerated tendons, arthritic joints, and ligaments. Specific benefits of this therapy include the following:
- Reduces Nerve Damage and Scar Tissue Development. Stem cells can repair nerve damage, enhance muscle control, as well as restore mobility and function. They can also treat spinal cord injuries. While new tissue forms as the injury begins to heal itself, the formation of scar tissue can be decreased with stem cell therapy.
- Relieves Pain. Aside from reducing pain and swelling, stem cells also repair and regenerate the damaged area of the body. Although stem cells can be collected from many locations in the body, the most effective stem cells in terms of pain relief are those collected from bone marrow.
Are you a Good Candidate?
You may be a good candidate for this therapy if you have been suffering from joint pain and wish to experience an improved quality of life while avoiding the complications associated with invasive surgical procedures. Specifically, you can be a good candidate if any of the situations is true to yours:
- You Lead an Active Lifestyle. Whether you are an athlete or a gym enthusiast, you may hurt yourself at some point. Fortunately, stem cell therapy has the healing and regenerative potential that may let you avoid possibly life-long damage and continue your activities longer than you would have been able to do otherwise.
- You have osteoarthritis. Osteoporosis is characterized by the deterioration of cartilage which protects and cushions your joints’ ends. Cartilage is necessary with joint movements as well as prevents painful joint mobility and friction. Stem cell therapy restores damaged cartilage as a result of osteoporosis.
- You are recommended to undergo surgery. If you have painful elbow, shoulder, and knew conditions, your doctor may have recommended you to undergo surgery. Luckily, you can avoid this procedure if you consider stem cell therapy.
This regenerative medicine takes place within one day and may provide a viable alternative for people who may need joint replacement or surgery. Typically, patients can turn to normal activity after their treatment and can avoid painful and lengthy rehab periods. Also, patients who get this therapy are less vulnerable to the risks of surgeries like blood clots and infections.